Our reason for being
We provide a platform which brings all a farm's information together, enabling the farmer to make more productive, profitable, and sustainable decisions.
The positive impact of these decisions extends far beyond the farm gate and can be seen right throughout the industry. For this reason, FarmIQ is a preferred ERP platform for enterprise agribusiness.
Our apps are used throughout the pastoral value chain, and are a significant driver of primary sector returns and value creation. Above all, we're passionate about our farmers' intergenerational success and the New Zealand pastoral sector.
We were created with the specific aim to prove that with better information, farmers could run more productive, profitable and sustainable operations.
We were established as part of a government-backed Primary Growth Partnership (PGP) initiative in 2010, with the goal of improving the value chain efficiency by allowing information to flow freely between farmers, processors, and retailers. In October 2017 the PGP wrapped up and FarmIQ became a fully incorporated New Zealand business, supported by a group of passionate shareholders.
Over 4,000 farms are already using FarmIQ, and that number continues to grow as the demand for farm management software increases, which is primarily driven by compliance and regulation.
Leading the way
Ownership and governance
FarmIQ is 26% owned by Farmlands, New Zealand's largest rural co-operative, 26% by Landcorp, 26% by Silver Fern Farms, 13.6% by MSD and 8.4% by Veterinary Enterprises. The board is made up of five non-executive directors.
- John Quirk—Chairman. John is a Partner at Howard and co. and also Chair of SMX, Kordia, Wherescape, FrameCAD and Clearpoint.
- Dan Jex-Blake—Silver Fern Farms representative. Dan is MD of Mangapoike, a full-time farmer and a Director of Silver Fern Farms.
- Andrew Horsbrugh—Farmlands representative. Andrew is Director of Agri-Products and a former CEO at Craigmores.
- Shane McManaway—MSD Animal Health Representative. Shane is the retired CEO of Allflex Asia-Pacific & China and continues to run his own beef & deer farm in the Wairarapa.
- Steven McJorrow—Pamu Representative. Steven is CFO at PAMU and has a strong background in finance, strategy development and private equity.