Silver Fern Farms is New Zealand’s largest livestock processing and marketing company. It is a co-operative of 16,000 New Zealand livestock farmers and an existing shareholder of FarmIQ. Silver Fern Farms has been involved with FarmIQ since its inception and has been instrumental in shaping the way farmers can collect, use and share data to increase the quality and the value of meat produced on-farm.
Farmers supplying Silver Fern Farms can have kill sheet data automatically uploaded into FarmIQ to help them join the dots between farm inputs and the value of farm outputs.
Whether you’re looking to improve quality to achieve a premium or purely increase carcass yield; our integration with Silver Fern Farms puts you on the front foot.
The key benefits include:
- Mob Performance – understand what factors (i.e. animal breed, feed type, treatments, stocking rates) influence carcass characteristics so you can make the most profitable decisions for your business.
- Seasonal Performance – understand how carcass characteristics change across and between seasons so you can make the most profitable decisions for your business.
- Benchmarking – measuring performance against others in the region or around the country.
- Supplier Performance – the data will help support finishers in purchasing animals from those suppliers whom produce better performing animals.
- EID Finishing – the data will allow farmers to utilise reporting functionality in FarmIQ to compare performance of individual animals pre and post slaughter.
The Silver Fern Farms integration is only available on our Performance and Enterprise packs.
Silver Fern Farms Beef Eating Quality Programme
Farmers on the Enterprise Livestock pack that participate in Silver Fern Farms' Beef EQ Programme have access to a more advanced set of reports within FarmIQ that enable them to build up a more sophisticated understanding of how the decisions they make on-farm impact the product they sell. Learn more about the Silver Fern Beef EQ Programme.
Get in touch with the team to find out more.