We collect the personal information you give us and/or that is publicly available. We may also obtain personal information from third parties:
- with your authorisation;
- where permitted by law;
- from whom you have purchased, subscribed or registered for a service or product which is supplied (in whole or in part) by us (Resellers);
- who have recorded information on our system as part of their interaction with you (e.g. if a third party vendor records information about your farm on any of our services or products in relation to a site visit); and
- if you have purchased, subscribed or registered to receive any service or product from us (or our agent), in accordance with our terms and conditions applicable to that service or product (Terms & Conditions).
The personal information we collect may include (without limitation) your name, address, contact details, occupation/role, geolocation and information relating to your farm, farming business, and livestock.
We may collect personal information about you in the following circumstances:
- when we contact you about any of the services or products we offer (including via our Resellers);
- when you enquire about or request, or register or apply for, any services or products we supply (including via our Resellers);
- when you provide or enter personal information as part of your use of our website, our mobile apps or any services or products we supply (including via our Resellers);
- when you contact us in relation to any services or products we provide to you (including via our Resellers), including when you complete your application for your subscription or account for those services or products;
- when a third party provides personal information to us in accordance with the section above; and
- when you contact us for any other purpose.
We may use your personal information for any of the following purposes:
- to contact you about any of the services or products we offer (including via our Resellers);
- to process and respond to your enquiries, requests, registration or application relating to or for any services or products we supply (including via our Resellers);
- to provide services and products to you or (where applicable) a Reseller;
- to inform you of any services, products, offers, events or information which may be of interest to you;
- to aggregate the personal information with other information or data;
- where you have purchased, subscribed or registered to receive any service or product from us (or our agent), for any specific purpose identified in the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- to exercise any of our rights under the relevant Terms & Conditions or any applicable agreement with a Reseller;
- to comply with relevant laws;
- for any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for any other purpose where you have provided your consent for this use;
- for our administrative purposes and any other purposes permitted by law; and
- to improve the services and products we supply (including via our Resellers).
We may disclose your personal information (including your identity):
- to Resellers (if applicable);
- to our agents, service providers (including our hosting providers and payment processors), partners and any other relevant third parties to the extent necessary to carry out any of the purposes for which we may use your personal information (as outlined above);
- where you have purchased, subscribed or registered to receive any service or product from us (or our agent), in accordance with the relevant Terms & Conditions;
- if we determine that the disclosure is necessary in connection with a third party complaint regarding your use of any services or products supplied by us (including via our Resellers);
- if we are requested to do so in the course of legal proceedings or other investigations;
- where we are permitted to do so by applicable law; or
- otherwise with your authorisation or consent.
Where we have aggregated your personal information with other information or data, we may use, publish, disclose, provide, license, sell, rent or exploit the aggregated information or data set in any form and in any manner, except that:
- we will not publish, disclose or provide the aggregated information or data set in a form where you are specifically identified; and
- we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information cannot readily be identified in, or extracted from, any aggregated information or data set which is to be published, disclosed or provided.
Except as provided above, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
If you choose not to consent to certain uses or disclosures of personal information, you may not be able to access and use services or products supplied by us (or parts of those services or products).
Certain information may be stored on our hosting provider's servers. We have entered into appropriate arrangements requiring our hosting provider to keep the hosted information secure and confidential. Further information relating to our hosting arrangements is available on our website.
Where we store personal information ourselves, we ensure that it is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security.
- for session authentication purposes; and
- to collect information about how you use the website or mobile app.
A cookie is a small data file that the website or app sends to your browser or mobile device (as the case may be), which may then store it for later retrieval by the website or app.
Some cookies we use last only for the duration of your website or mobile app session and expire when you close your browser or exit the app. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website or app and will last for longer.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our website or mobile app, but your ability to use some of their features or functionality may be limited.
You may access your personal information that we hold by contacting us. We will provide you with a copy of the personal information we keep about you. However, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable amount for providing copies of any personal information you request, to take into account the time, cost and effort involved.
You may request that the personal information we hold about you be corrected by contacting us. If we do not agree to your request for a correction, you may then request that we take reasonable steps to attach to the information a statement of the correction sought but not made.
We will determine how long we will hold your personal information, except that we will not keep personal information for longer as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use it.